Malaysia is a country unlike any other, Full of promise and fragility. Its history, cultural and
religious diversity make it a rich, compelling and surprising land. Malaysia is also known as the
powerhouse of Southeast Asia due to its trade and tourism. Malaysia has etched a cubby hole
for itself as the hub of educational perfection in the region. Excellent quality of living, affordable
education expenses, and multiculturalism address Malaysia one of the most overwhelming
study opportunities for international students.
- Malaysia, a country located in Southeast Asia. Neighboring regions include Thailand,
Borneo, Indonesia, Brunei and the South China Sea.
- Area 329,758 square km
- Population 29.95 million
- Capital city- Kuala Lumpur
- Currency The currency is Ringgit Malaysia and is written as RM or MYR.
- GDP per capita: $17,500 (2013 EST.)
- Weather - Tropical weather year-round.
- Temperatures range from 21ºC (70ºF) to 32ºC (90ºF).
- GDP per capita: $28,900 (2017 est.)
- Unemployment: 3.4% (2017)
Education in Malaysia is overseen by one government ministries. The Ministry of
Education (Kementerian Pendidikan) handles matters pertaining to pre-school, primary
school, secondary school, post-secondary school and tertiary education. Although
education is the responsibility of the federal government, each state has an Education
Department to coordinate educational matters in its territory. The main legislation
governing education is the Education Act of 1996. Education may be obtained from the
multilingual public school system, which provides free education for all Malaysians, or
private schools, or through homeschooling. By law, primary education is compulsory. As
in many Asia-Pacific countries such as the Republic of Korea, Singapore, and Japan,
standardized tests are a common feature. Currently, there are 37 private universities, 20
private university colleges, seven foreign university branch campuses and 414 private
colleges in Malaysia.
Why Study in Malaysia?
- Low Educational Cost: Worth to perceive international degree qualifications studying in
Malaysia from countries like US, UK, Australia, Canada, etc. at a much economical price
- The high quality of life: Malaysia is a recently industrialized country where we have
outpaced our developing counterparts. The infrastructure in Malaysia is one of the most
advanced in Asia with state-of-the-art healthcare and medical facilities, excellent
telecommunications infrastructure, world-class university campus and facilities, and best
superhighway network in South East Asia.
- Straightforward immigration procedures: International students benefit from the easy
and trouble-free immigration procedures as compared to many other countries which
have tighter student immigration procedures.
- Comfortable, peaceful and safe living in Malaysia: Malaysia is one of the safest and
most politically stable countries in the world with a relatively low crime rate and the
country is free from most natural disasters which makes it an attractive country to live in.
- Multi-language country allowing for ease of communication: Although Malay and
English are widely used in Malaysia for daily communications, the diversity of the
Malaysian society has put into place the wide use of many other languages and dialects
such Mandarin, Tamil, Cantonese, Hokier, Hakka, Foochow, Hainanese, Hindi, Telugu,
Malayalam and other indigenous languages.
- Multi-Cultural country: Malaysia is a multi-ethnic melting pot. Studying at university is
not solely an academic experience and having the opportunity to appreciate the different
facets, cultures, and religions that make up the Malaysian identity is a learning curve in
its own right.
- Degree - 5.5 IELTS [Academic]
- Masters – 5.5 IELTS
- Ph.D.- 6.0 IELTS, 550 TOEFL, 79-80 TOEFL
Work Right and Stay Back
- Work full-time only on vacation.