Income Tax

If you’re new to Canada or just entering the workforce, you may be wondering if filing a Canadian tax return is a necessity. The Canada Revenue Agency does require annual filing. All Canadians, Permanent Residents and Temporary Residents (excluding the visitors/tourist with Visitor visa) need to do their taxes and also keep their personal information such as their address and marital status up to date with the Canada Revenue Agency to make sure their benefit and credit payments are not interrupted.

Global Pathways represents individual and business clients with the Canada Revenue Agency. We use information from the client’s return, along with the return of the client’s spouse or common-law partner, to calculate benefits and credit payments for the upcoming year?

The benefit and credit payments include:

  • Guaranteed income supplement (GIS);
  • Canada child benefit (CCB) (including any related provincial or territorial benefits);
  • Goods and Services Tax (GST)/The Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) credit (including any related provincial credits)